Friday, March 11, 2011

See Me as the Father Sees Me

It is difficult to fathom that I have entered into the second half of a century. I never saw myself as getting older, it just seems as though it crept in overnight. I look into a mirror and do not recognize the face looking back. I do not feel old. How can this be? Well my oldest child is 25 so that should give a clue. Still I am on the edge of a new journey. I am studying in college and in private theology classes. I am being streched as never before. I continually ask God,"What are you doing? Why am I not sliding down the other side of the proverbial hill heading quietly toward retirement and my Heavenly resting place?"

Oh yea, Pastor told me there is no retirement for Christians, and since God stated in His Word that we are preparing in this life for the next, we will probably have jobs to do in Heaven also. So even though I see myself as getting very much older, God does not. Have you ever noticed how we are always referred to in the Word as His Children. "But as many as recieved Him, to them He gave the right to beccome children of God, even to those who believe in His Name," (John 1:12). He sees a young and capable heart. God our Father chooses to see us through the Blood of Jesus. A perfect vessel pouring out the love He pours into us. But, you might say we are cracked pots. Jars of clay of what worth is a cracked piece of earthen-ware?

Here is how it works: When you choose to follow Christ, not just be saved by Him but to truly follow, His Spirit enters into your soul. Together you and He work together to find each crack and fill it with the balm of healing. This balm is strong and yet transparent. As that crack is healed and sealed it remains transparent to the world, Then everytime that part of you comes to light, His light shines through. Have you ever stood and watched the light play through a stained glass window? I picture that as the light shining through my vessel, through the prism of the balm that God has placed on my imperfections, and then the world will see a beautiful display of dazzeling light. The light of my Jeaus shining through. There are ways to remind yourself that you are a beautiful vessel in God's eyes. One is to buy a stained glass window mobile, (mobile works better because it moves and dazzles), it dosen't have to be a big one. Put it where you will always see it, a kitchen window, in the study by a window. Just be sure there is lots of light.

The sun shall no longer be your light by day,
Nor for brightness shall the moon give light to you:
But the Lord will be to you an everlasting light,
And your God your Glory. ( Isaiah 60: 9 )

If you study in a darker low lit room there is another option. Get a candle that is surrounded by a stained glass holder. It can be a small one or a large one depending on how much you need the reminder. Just be sure the candle can be replaced. We have one always lit in our bathroom, a fragrent candle. Candles with fragrence will remind you of God's light in you and the sweet fragrence of His Spirit.

For we are to God the fragrance of Christ among those who are being saved and among those who are perishing, ( 2 Corinthians 2:15 ).

Everyone that accepts Christ and follows Him must do His work. God does not appreciate loitering in His kingdom. There is a job for everyone. Your job may not look like what you thought it would but it will be a glorious one. I have learned not to settle for any job, move around until it feels right. God will let you know. Then you can shine for the Kingdom. Be forwarned that it may also change. God has seasons for each of us and we must stay close to Him and listen when He speaks. I would never have thought that I could be an encourager through writing and yet it seems that I do somewhat well at it. This is a recent gift that I have discovered and look I am over half a century old. All things are renewed in Christ. The more time spent with Him the more you learn about yourself.
I am adding a link here because the teaching and learning opportunities are a wonderful testimony to what one can do through Christ. It is the driving force behind Proverbs 31 ministry.
http://lysaterkeurst.com/ and http://shespeaksconference.com/
Love in Christ

No comments:

Post a Comment